kernel.ubuntu.com account application

Tim Gardner tim.gardner at canonical.com
Tue Sep 4 12:23:00 UTC 2012

On 08/31/2012 08:48 AM, Pete Graner wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 3:08 AM, Ho Wan Chan <smartboyhw at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Dear Mr.Graner,
>>
>> I want to have a account in kernel.ubuntu.com and also accepted in the
>> launchpad team.
>>
>> I am Howard Chan, a main member of Ubuntu Studio and a member of the
>> testing team. I have tried to compile kernels and found a success.
>>
>> I want to help start fixing bugs now and contribute to the kernel.
>>
>> Thank you.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Howard Chan (smartboyhw)
>
> Howard,
>
> I've moved on from managing the Kernel Team so I've cc'd in Tim
> Gardner who can help you.
>
> I can tell you there isn't a reason to have an account on
> kernel.ubuntu.com, just clone the git tree and work out of your local
> copy. Any changes you wish to push back you can do so on the kernel
> team mailing list via a pull request.
>
> I'm sure Tim can point you at all of the relevant documentation :)
>
> Thanks
>
> ~pete

If you haven't already found it, documentation on kernel team processes
is at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Kernel

As Pete said we are no longer hosting public shell accounts on
kernel.ubuntu.com, so you can either send your patches on the kernel
team mailing list (kernel-team at lists.ubuntu.com), or send a pull request
from some other publicly available repository such as github.com.

Tim Gardner tim.gardner at canonical.com