PowerPC bugs

maps.backward at gmail.com
Sun Oct 14 03:47:08 UTC 2012

My life has been nuts here lately and then had a failed AC adapter on my nVidia-equipped PowerBook but I'm back, albeit incredibly late.

I've tried about every single permutation of various boot paramters (including the apparently magical vt.handoff=7) and have not succeeded into booting into an installable live CD. My only successes have been with an auto-generated Xorg.conf with accelleration off.

I will admit that I don't know much about these parameters and as much as I'd like to, time is running out. To ensure that we can get a PPC release for 12.10, I know that at least among Lubuntu-QA we have discussed providing the documentation necessary for users to actually make use of the new releases. It seems that for nVidia it seems that the only way to make this happen is to get people to install with an alternate and then make the required changes.

I know that we prefer not to use variable boot parameters and I know this is even worse, but unless someone can offer me some other suggestions for boot parameters to try out, I'm not sure we have another choice.

Either way, someone please let me know one way or another so I can write the appropriate wiki page. Thanks!

wxl