Minutes from the Ubuntu Kernel Team meeting, 2012-10-09

Joseph Salisbury joseph.salisbury at canonical.com
Tue Oct 9 17:34:07 UTC 2012

= Meeting Minutes =
[[http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2012/10/09/%23ubuntu-meeting.txt|IRC Log of
the meeting.]]
[[http://voices.canonical.com/kernelteam|Meeting minutes.]]

== Agenda ==
[[https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/Meeting#Tues, 09 Oct, 2012|20121009
Meeting Agenda]]

=== ARM Status  ===
  Q/omap4: nothing new to report this week.
  Q/master-next: patches were submitted to fix the usb bus on omap3
boards (see lp 1061599 for more info).
  * [[https://launchpad.net/bugs/1061599|Launchpad bug 1061599 in linux
(Ubuntu Quantal) "beagle: omap3: usb is dead" [Undecided,Fix committed] ]]

=== Release Metrics and Incoming Bugs  ===
  Release metrics and incoming bug data can be reviewed at the following
link:
      * http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/reports/kt-meeting.txt

=== Milestone Targeted Work Items  ===
  || ogasawara   || hardware-q-kernel-misc          || 2 work item ||
  ||             || hardware-q-kernel-version-and-flavors || 2 work items ||
  ||             || desktop-q-xorg-lts-updates      || 1 work item ||
  I am now the proud owner of all remaining work items.  I'll be sure to
  close these out asap.
  This item will be removed from our agenda for the remaining meetings
this release.

  We have received a freeze exception and are planning to upload the
  3.5.0-18.28 today.  This will provide critical bug fixes for the 12.10
  release.  The bugs include:
   * 1063061 "please backport support for EFI vars ) 1KB"
   * 1061599 "beagle: omap3: usb is dead"
   * 1021471 "clone() hang when creating new network namespace"
   * 1030233 "not have bluetooth usb 0489:e046 Foxconn / Hon Hai"
   * 717970 "After sleep, key presses get lost and trackpad is jittery"
  As a reminder, because we are in kernel freeze, all patches are subject
  to the SRU policy and only critical bug fixes will warrent an upload.
  Non critical bug fixes and changes will be targetted to the first
  Quantal SRU kernel. As usual, all kernels will also get uploaded to the
  q-lts-backport [1] PPA to help facilitate testing of the 12.10 kernel in
  12.04.  We welcome anyone to please install, test, and let us know your
  feedback.
  [1] https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-x-swat/+archive/q-lts-backport
  Important upcoming dates:
   * Tues Oct 9 - Final Freeze (today!)
   * Thurs Oct 11 - Release Candidate (~2days)
   * Thurs Oct 18 - 12.10 Final (~1 week)

  == 2012-10-09 (weekly) ==
  Currently we have 39 CVEs on our radar, with one CVE added and one
retired this week.
  See the CVE matrix for the current list:
      * http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/cve/pkg/ALL-linux.html
  Overall the backlog has decreased slightly this week:
      * http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/status/cve-metrics.txt
      * http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/cve/pkg/CVE-linux.txt

Precise/Oneiric/Natty/Lucid/Hardy  ===
  Here is the status for the main kernels, until today (October 09):
   * Hardy - In -updates; 1 CVEs; (1 commits)
   * Lucid - In Testing; 3 CVEs; (12 commits)
   * Oneiric - In Testing; 2 CVEs; 1 upstream stable release(s); (54
commits)
   * Precise - In Testing; 1 CVEs; 2 upstream stable release(s); (234
commits)
  Current opened tracking bugs details:
   * http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/reports/kernel-sru-workflow.html
  For SRUs, SRU report is a good source of information:
   * http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/reports/sru-report.html
  Future stable cadence cycles:
   * https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QuantalQuetzal/ReleaseInterlock

=== Open Discussion or Questions? Raise your hand to be recognized ===
  No open discussion.