Updates to *buntu 12.04 LTS kernel 3.2.0 for Hauppauge HVR-950Q driver issues

jrh jharbestonus at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 22:17:59 UTC 2012

Greetings!

I have a Hauppauge HVR 950Q tuner that I am having some problems with.
The maintainer of the modules(Devin Heitmueller(sp?) ) for this tuner had made a couple of small changes to it that are committed to the dev kernel as of a month ago or so.
What protocol do I follow for the kernel maintainers for ubuntu 12.04 to back port the changes to the 3.2 kernel being used for mythbuntu 12.04? or can I? :-)

Currently, when using mythbuntu 12.04 mythtv with the drivers as is, It causes a kernel data dump, and kills mythtv-backend.

Regards!

Jay