user namespace delta over 3.7

Serge Hallyn serge.hallyn at canonical.com
Mon Nov 19 17:17:41 UTC 2012

Quoting Colin Ian King (colin.king at canonical.com):
> On 14/11/12 20:55, Serge Hallyn wrote:
> >Quoting Tim Gardner (tim.gardner at canonical.com):

> >>Serge - how about a pull request for a branch that has been rebased
> >>on Raring master-next ? I took a quick stab at it and quickly ran
> >>into uapi transition conflicts (I think).
> >
> >A successfully built kernel is at
> >git://kernel.ubuntu.com/serge/quantal-userns.git (branch
> >master-next.nov14.userns which should be the default).
> >
> >-serge
> >

> I've got some questions and/or observations about the following commits:
>
> b3f4f523c8c20f2ca2ac031900f1a252d750ec1d
> debian changes to build in ppa
>
> 	..this fiddles around with the skipabi, skipmodules to allow
> building in a PPA, but we should not pull that into the raring
> kernel.

Right :)

(Eric has addressed the other questions, I'll let that thread continue
there.)

Note that Eric has sent a few sets (~40 patches) upstream in the last
few days.  At this point I think it's best to wait and see how those
fare, then after the next merge into raring (3.8, right?)  I'll re-port
the remainder.

-serge