ARM config options needing review

Andy Whitcroft apw at canonical.com
Thu May 31 13:04:36 UTC 2012

I have been reviewing and updating the Quantal master configuration and
noted a few options which are out of sync for ARM (for omap) and am
wanting to understand if they should become common in value with the
other options or have annotations.  I am happy to annotate them if you
can indicate reasons for their delta.  They fall into two sets, the
first set seem to be 'y' when 'm' is more the norm which may indicate
they are boot essential, the second set are 'n' when 'm' is more the
norm and I would like to understand why.

 - CONFIG_NOP_USB_XCEIV
   CONFIG_TWL4030_USB
   CONFIG_USB_GPIO_VBUS
   CONFIG_USB_MUSB_HDRC
  - is this boot essential on arm?
 - CONFIG_SCSI_OSD_INITIATOR
   CONFIG_TIDSPBRIDGE
   CONFIG_TI_DAVINCI_EMAC
   CONFIG_WIMAX_I2400M_SDIO
   CONFIG_WIMAX_I2400M_USB
   CONFIG_WM8350_WATCHDOG
   CONFIG_USB_GPIO_VBUS
   CONFIG_USB_MUSB_HDRC
  - why are these off ?

If you could review.  Thanks in advance.

-apw