[RFC] Drop Non-smp PowerPC Kernel Flavor

Leann Ogasawara leann.ogasawara at canonical.com
Tue Mar 20 14:26:06 UTC 2012

On Tue, 2012-03-20 at 06:53 +0000, Adam Conrad wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 02:30:14PM +0800, Jeremy Kerr wrote:
> >
> > Benh pointed out 78c5c68a; which looks like it'll address this. I've
> > built some packages:
> >
> >  http://people.canonical.com/~jk/powerpc-oldworld-smp/
> >
> > - let me know if the -smp flavour works on your machine.
>
> Huzzah.  That does indeed fix it, that build boots on my machine.  I
> guess now I have to give up my UP kernel, eh? :P

Jeremy and Ben, thanks for chasing down this fix.  I've gone ahead and
applied it to our Precise git repo and it should be available in the
next upload.

Adam, given the above issue is now resolved for you.  I would like to
proceed with our original proposal of removing the non-smp PowerPC
flavor.  In the event we uncover any further issues which would require
us to reinstate the non-smp PowerPC flavor, we will proceed with the
alternative solution as outlined in [1].

Thanks,
Leann

[1] https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel/2012-March/034964.html