Precise 3.2 fscache

Stephan Seitz s.seitz at netzhaut.de
Tue Jun 26 11:16:39 UTC 2012

Hi there,

please apologize if this list is the wrong place for my request.

Precise's linux-image-virtual aka linux-image-3.2.0-25-virtual has CONFIG_FSCACHE=m and CONFIG_CACHEFILES=m
Due to CONFIG_NFS_FSCACHE=y it's usable on NFS mounts.
Is there a reason for not setting CONFIG_CIFS_FSCACHE ?
I'ld really like to get the benefits of fscache on CIFS mounts by using ubuntu's mainline kernel.
So, I'ld like to ask if it would be possible to alter the build configuration to CONFIG_CIFS_FSCACHE=y ?

Cheers,

--

Stephan Seitz
Senior System Administrator

   netz-haut GmbH
   multimediale kommunikation

   Friedrich-Bergius-Ring 12
   97076 Würzburg

   Telefon: 0931 - 780 11 780
   Telefax: 0931 - 780 11 799

   Web: www.netzhaut.de

   Amtsgericht Würzburg – HRB 10764

   Geschäftsführer: Michael Daut, Kai Neugebauer