Jack detection in ubuntu 12.04 - call for testing!

David Henningsson david.henningsson at canonical.com
Tue Jan 31 11:09:14 UTC 2012

On 01/15/2012 10:28 AM, David Henningsson wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Jack detection - what happens when you plug your headphones in - has
> been improved in kernel 3.3, and I hope we can have that functionality
> in Ubuntu 12.04 as well. It is e g one of the components needed to
> successfully have different volumes for headphones and speakers, and to
> have your media keys controlling your headphone volume when your
> headphones are plugged in, and your speakers when they're not.
>
> However, the kernel team has asked for some specific testing before they
> are willing to merge the new jack detection stuff into the 12.04 Ubuntu
> kernel, and I'm hoping that you would be willing to help us out with
> testing.
>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Audio/PreciseJackDetectionTesting
>
> Do remember, that if you find a kernel regression, that we have a way of
> contacting you, so we can figure out what went wrong and hopefully fix
> the bug.
>
> Thanks in advance!

Hi again!

Testing has now completed and the feature has landed in Ubuntu 12.04
(kernel version 3.2.0-11.19 and PulseAudio version 1:1.1-0ubuntu5).
Three bugs were discovered and fixed before the feature hit the archives.

I would like to thank mc3man, htorque, ronoc, xyzzyman, little jo,
cking, arges, smb and apw for helping out with testing!

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
http://launchpad.net/~diwic