Enable Kernel Oops In Precise

Leann Ogasawara leann.ogasawara at canonical.com
Thu Feb 23 20:52:06 UTC 2012

On Thu, 2012-02-23 at 14:19 -0500, Joseph Salisbury wrote:
> On 11/28/2011 03:59 PM, Joseph Salisbury wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > The kerneloops daemon is enabled early in the development cycle to help
> > catch serious kernel bugs.
> >
> > This is done by setting "enabled=1" in ~debian/kerneloops.default, which
> > is in the kerneloops package[1].
> >
> > Before release, kerneloops is then disabled again.
> >
> > This email is to get feedback on when kerneloops should be enabled for
> > precise?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Joe
> >

> > [1] https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/oneiric/+source/kerneloops
> >

> The kerneloops daemon has been enabled in the Precise development cycle.
>   At what point do we want to disable kerneloops?  In the beta release?

I assume we'll want to keep it enabled for the beta releases as that's
when we get a lot more users willing to test.  In the past, we have
disabled kerneloops right around Final Freeze.  Final Freeze for Precise
is set for Thurs April 12.  I'd be fine having it disabled at Final
Freeze or even Kernel Freeze, Thurs April 5.  I have no strong
preference either way.  Whichever date is more convenient for Brian
works for me.

Thanks,
Leann