Minutes from the Ubuntu Kernel Team meeting, 2012-02-14

Joseph Salisbury joseph.salisbury at canonical.com
Tue Feb 14 17:20:41 UTC 2012

= Meeting Minutes =
[[http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2012/02/14/%23ubuntu-meeting.txt|IRC Log of
the meeting.]]
[[http://voices.canonical.com/kernelteam|Meeting minutes.]]

== Agenda ==
[[https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/Meeting#Tues, 14 Feb, 2012|20120214
Meeting Agenda]]

=== ARM Status  ===
  P/omap4: nothing new to report this week

=== Release Metrics and Incoming Bugs  ===
  Release metrics and incoming bug data can be reviewed at the following
link:
[[http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/reports/kt-meeting.txt|Release
Metrics.]]

=== Milestone Targeted Work Items  ===
  || apw        || hardware-p-kernel-boot                || 2 work items ||
  ||            || hardware-p-kernel-config-review       || 3 work items ||
  ||            || hardware-p-kernel-delta-review        || 2 work items ||
  || ogasawara  || hardware-p-kernel-config-review       || 4 work items ||
  || sconklin   || servercloud-p-ceph                    || 1 work item  ||
  If your name is in the above table, please review your Beta-1 work items.

=== Blueprint: hardware-p-kernel-power-management  ===
  No update this week.

  We've recently rebased to upstream stable v3.2.6 and uploaded.  Please
  note that Beta Freeze is next week, Thurs Feb 23.  I ideally want to
  upload our final Beta-1 kernel by the end of the week, but no later than
  Monday.  If there are any patches which need to land, submit them now.
  Important upcoming dates:
   * Thurs Feb 23 - Beta Freeze (~1 week)
   * Thurs Mar 01 - Beta 1 (~2 weeks)

  Currently we have 73 CVEs on our radar, one new CVEs were added this week.
  See the CVE matrix for the current list:
  [[http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/status/cve-metrics.txt|CVE
Metrics]]

  Overall the backlog is unchanged this week, though we have closed a couple
  of hardy CVEs and one CVE across the board:
  [[http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/cve/pkg/CVE-linux.txt|CVE Linux]]

Oneiric/Natty/Maverick/Lucid/Hardy  ===

  Here is the status for the main kernels, until today (Jan. 24):

   * Hardy - 2.6.24-31.99
    * Several CVE commits. There was also a significant change
implemented by Tim and Andy for xen and openvz to make
      them easier to maintain.

   * Lucid - 2.6.32-39.86
    * Probably close to 100 upstream stable commits in this upload. We
were in a holding pattern on lucid last cycle
      as work was done on the 10.04.04 point release. This will get us
caught up again.

   * Maverick - 2.6.35-32.66
    * Just a couple CVEs.

   * Natty - 2.6.38-13.56
    * Just a couple CVEs.

   * Oneiric - 3.0.0-16.29
    * In addition to some CVEs, there are a bunch of stable upstream
commits.

  Current opened tracking bugs details:
   * http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/reports/kernel-sru-workflow.html

  For SRUs, SRU report is a good source of information:
   * http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/reports/sru-report.html

  Future stable cadence cycles:
   * https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PrecisePangolin/ReleaseInterlock

=== Open Discussion or Questions? Raise your hand to be recognized  ===a
  No open discussion or questions.