mainline/server kernel NumaChip support enablement...

Leann Ogasawara leann.ogasawara at canonical.com
Wed Feb 8 19:39:51 UTC 2012

On Wed, 2012-02-08 at 16:09 +0800, Daniel J Blueman wrote:
> Dear Ubuntu kernel team,

Hi Daniel,

> Support for Numascale's commodity large-SMP adapters [1] made it into
> 3.2-rc1. It would be very helpful if you were to enable
> CONFIG_X86_NUMACHIP on the mainline builds [2], and later for the server
> kernels. With this enablement, it'll be easy to boot large (>168 cores)
> systems using newer Ubuntu kernels.

I just want to clarify, when you say "later for the server kernels", do
you mean "later" as in the Q 12.10 release when we'll have a v3.3 (and
likely newer) kernel, or are you looking to have this supported in the
actively developed Precise 12.04 release which means we'd need to
cherry-pick the following from upstream:

commit 44b111b519160e33fdc41eadb39af86a24707edf