[Oneiric SRU] acer-wmi: support for P key on TM8372

Stefan Bader stefan.bader at canonical.com
Mon Feb 6 11:02:23 UTC 2012

On 06.02.2012 11:41, Ike Panhc wrote:
> This patch has been reviewed by upstream maintainer[1] but not in
> Linus' kernel yet. This patch is only one line added for key
> mapping. I believe it is ok for Oneiric SRU.
>
> [1] https://lkml.org/lkml/2012/1/25/379
>
> This patch is available in the git repository at:
>   git://kernel.ubuntu.com/ikepanhc/public.git lp865807
>
> Merlin Schumacher (1):
>       acer-wmi: support for P key on TM8372
>
>  drivers/platform/x86/acer-wmi.c |    1 +

While I think this is ok for SRU, I also think this is not so urgent it could
not go proper SRU paths. Meaning:

* When submitting the patch to linus, add a Cc: stable at vger.kernel.org line to
  the s-o-b's.
* Wait until it goes into 3.2 automatically by upstream stable

If it is too late for the Cc tag and/or 3.2.y is not in a maintained state:

* Wait until it is upstream
* file a launchpad bug
* resubmit the SRU request

Cheers,