[REGRESSION][Raring] LP:1089818 Added To Kernel Team Hot List

Joseph Salisbury joseph.salisbury at canonical.com
Fri Dec 14 04:52:35 UTC 2012

On 12/13/2012 12:19 PM, Joseph Salisbury wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've added the following bug to the Kernel Team Hot List:
> LP:1089818[0].
>
>     * Regression in Raring found by QA using udisks2 tests.
>     * Can be reproduced on real iron and in kvm, on i386 and amd64.
>     * Simple test case available.
>
> Since there is an easy test case, I'll see if I can reproduce.  If I
> can, I'll perform a kernel bisect.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Joe
>

> [0] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1089818

Hello,

I was able to reproduce this bug on my machine.  I performed a bisect
which pointed to the following commit as the cause of the regression:
     commit 5db44863b6ebbb400c5e61d56ebe8f21ef48b1bd
     Author: Martin K. Petersen <martin.petersen at oracle.com>
     Date:   Tue Sep 18 12:19:32 2012 -0400

I created a Raring test kernel with this commit reverted, which fixed
the bug.  I requested that the original bug reporter test my kernel and
report back.

The commit is fairly large, I'm not sure if a revert will be the way to
go.  If the bug reporter reports back that my test kernel fixes the bug,
I will send mail to the bug author and upstream to request feedback.

Thanks,

Joe