[overlayfs] Fixes against ubuntu-quantal.git#master-next

Andy Whitcroft apw at canonical.com
Mon Apr 30 12:28:51 UTC 2012

On Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 04:55:13PM +0200, Sedat Dilek wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 2:49 PM, Sedat Dilek <sedat.dilek at googlemail.com> wrote:
> > On Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 1:59 PM, Sedat Dilek <sedat.dilek at googlemail.com> wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I wanted to play with OverlayFS against Linux-3.4-rc4.
> >>
> >> As Ubuntu kernel-team has rebased it in ubuntu-quantal.git#master-next.
> >> I made my life easy and took this repo as base for my fixes (or trying to fix).

The version applied to Ubuntu Precise was a backported version of the
upstream v12 branch.  So I suspect much of the issues are coming from
that being a backported version.  For Ubuntu Quantal I have reverted
what we had and pulled a clean v12 plus the security fix we had on top.
I have then applied similar fixes to pull that forward to v3.4-rc4 and
it seems to pass very light touch testing here:

  http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/apw/overlayfs.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/overlayfs.v12apw1

I am pushing it out for perusal as people are asking me about it.  This
includes an updated permissions fix.

-apw