[Precise/Oneiric] USB: uas: fix mount failure on some usb 3.0 HD.

Herton Ronaldo Krzesinski herton.krzesinski at canonical.com
Fri Apr 27 14:47:01 UTC 2012

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 05:31:42PM +0800, ming.lei at canonical.com wrote:
> BugLink: http://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/901215
>
> == Precise SRU Justification ==
>
> This bug is preventing users from using some usb 3.0 HD.(hitachi/LaCie/...)
> at UAS mode.
>
> == Fix ==
> Both the patches have been in upstream 3.3:
>
> e4d8318 usb/uas: make sure data urb is gone if we receive status before that
> ee398b5 usb/uas: add usb_pipe_usage_descriptor
> 348748b usb/uas: move UAS structs / defines into a header file
> c898add usb/uas: only bind if the hcd supports SG
> ceb3f91 usb/uas: one only one status URB/host on stream-less connection
> 22188f4 usb/uas: use scsi_host_find_tag() to find command from a tag
> dae5154 usb/uas: use unique tags for all LUNs
> 96c1eb9 UAS: Free status URB when we can't find the SCSI tag.
> 9eb4454 UAS: Use unique tags on non-streams devices.
> ea9da1c UAS: Re-add workqueue items if submission fails.
>

>  drivers/usb/storage/uas.c |  328 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++----------------
>  include/linux/usb/uas.h   |   69 ++++++++++

I see the patch series just updates UAS to the latest of what we have in
upstream. The patches which creates uas.h (08 and 09 if I remember the
numbers correctly) aren't needed just reading the patches, so may be we
can leave them out. The last changes are more deep, but self containted
to uas, a new driver and I expect not yet much used, so I think it's ok
to include all, and all patches seems to fix valid bugs (that means,
low potential of regressions or problems).

Also, we got positive testing result on the bug for Oneiric. As Tim
mentioned, we may want to ask for Precise test results, but I expect it
should work as Oneiric.

To summarize, ack on all, but may be not include the uas.h changes which
aren't needed.

[]'s
Herton