[Kernel] Release Meeting 2012-04-20

Leann Ogasawara leann.ogasawara at canonical.com
Thu Apr 19 21:08:28 UTC 2012

Overall status is reported at the first link below. Burn down for
Precise Final is at the second link below. Burndown for the cycle is at
the third link:

  *https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/ReleaseStatus/Precise
  *http://status.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-precise/canonical-kernel-distro-team-ubuntu-12.04.html
  *http://status.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-precise/canonical-kernel-distro-team.html

== What was done engineering wise? ==
We are currently frozen for 12.04 and have made no uploads for the main
distro kernel this week.  We did perform an upload for
linux-ti-omap4-3.2.0-1412.16 to resolve Bug:984180.  We have pulled in
the latest upstream stable Linux v3.2.15 patches and are queuing them as
an SRU for Precise.  We are also queuing some bug fixes which we intend
to release as a day-0 kernel upload.  Should we need an upload between
now and final release, we would like to have these pending fixes
included.  We'll address these specifically with the release team should
the opportunity present itself.  All of our work items are now closed
for Precise 12.04.

== What's about to land that might impact the other teams? ==
We have a day-0 kernel upload planned.  We intend to upload this to
precise-proposed on Tues Apr 24.

== Release Notes ==

== Summary of bugs working on by team (reasonably reliable) ==
We're also keeping an eye on the following bugs.  Some of these should
be getting resolved via the day-0 kernel or a subsequent kernel SRU.

  * Bug:944929 - psb_gfx boot hang on Atom N2600 (GMA3600 Cedarview)
  * Bug:937118 - Wireless stops passing packets
  * Bug:922906 - BUG: unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at 0000009c
  * Bug:960311 - Networking on Dell PowerEdge R300 with Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme BCM5722 Gigabit Ethernet PCI Express is not functional
  * Bug:914311 - vt.handoff 7 breaks psb_gfx driver
  * Bug:984387 - [Dell Studio XPS 1340,Alienware m17x] Kernel panic with 3.0.0-19 and 3.2.0-18 on boot
  * Bug:969334 - Support of Sentelic touchpad in Asus K53U notebook
  * Bug:978047 - Wireless with RT3090 chipset does not work in Precise Pangolin

== Dependencies on other teams, blocking items ==
None.

== Issues? ==
None.