Ubuntu 12.04 Kernel Version - 3.2

Leann Ogasawara leann.ogasawara at canonical.com
Tue Apr 10 21:18:27 UTC 2012

Hi All,

Now that we are past the Ubuntu Precise Pangolin 12.04 Kernel Freeze,
the Ubuntu Kernel Team felt this would be an appropriate time to
officially confirm and announce that the Ubuntu 12.04 kernel will be
based on the upstream v3.2 Linux kernel [1].  Going forward, we'll
continue to update the Ubuntu 12.04 kernel with the latest upstream
v3.2.y Linux stable kernel releases.  For those seeking the specific
details of all the changes provided in the Ubuntu 12.04 kernel, please
refer to the ubuntu-precise git repository [2].  We've also categorized
the Ubuntu specific changes in an UbuntuDelta wiki for anyone interested
[3].

Thanks,
The Ubuntu Kernel Team

[1] http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git;a=commit;h=805a6af8dba5dfdd35ec35dc52ec0122400b2610