Ubuntu Kernel Team Meeting Minutes - 2011-10-04

Brad Figg brad.figg at canonical.com
Tue Oct 4 17:48:16 UTC 2011

= Meeting Minutes =
[[http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2011/10/04/%23ubuntu-meeting.txt|IRC Log of the meeting.]]
<<BR>>
[[http://voices.canonical.com/kernelteam|Meeting minutes.]]

== Agenda ==
[[https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/Meeting#Tues, 04 Oct, 2011|20111004 Meeting Agenda]]

=== ARM Status  ===
Stable arm kernels: a new natty/omap4 kernel is out.
Oneiric/ti-omap4: a new TI code drop has landed - omap 4460 support, dkms cross
compilation, a couple of drm reverts for the upcoming gfx driver and various
fixes. This pretty much represents the omap4 kernel Oneiric will ship with.

=== Release Metrics and Incoming Bugs  ===
==== oneiric nominated bugs ====
  * 40 linux kernel bugs (up 20)
==== Ubuntu ubuntu-11.10 bugs ====
  * 1 linux kernel bugs (up 1)
==== <series>-updates bugs ====
  * 5 oneiric linux kernel bugs (up 5)
  * 13 natty linux kernel bugs (down 2)
  * 3 maverick linux kernel bugs (no change 0)
  * 7 lucid linux kernel bugs (no change 0)
  * 0 hardy linux kernel bugs (no change 0)
=== Incoming Bugs ===
  * 308 oneiric bugs (up 53)
  * 1663 natty bugs (up 20)
  * 1108 maverick bugs (up 1)
  * 992 lucid bugs (no change 0)
  * 46 hardy bugs (no change 0)
=== Regressions ===
==== regression-update bugs ====
  * 0 oneiric bugs (no change 0)
  * 17 natty bugs (no change 0)
  * 40 maverick bugs (no change 0)
  * 75 lucid bugs (down 1)
  * 0 hardy bugs (no change 0)
==== regression-release bugs ====
  * 8 oneiric bugs (no change 0)
  * 431 natty bugs (no change 0)
  * 237 maverick bugs (no change 0)
  * 209 lucid bugs (up 1)
  * 2 hardy bugs (no change 0)
==== regression-proposed bugs ====
  * 1 oneiric bugs (up 1)
  * 4 natty bugs (no change 0)
  * 0 maverick bugs (no change 0)
  * 3 lucid bugs (up 1)
  * 0 hardy bugs (no change 0)

===  Milestone Targeted Work Items ===
|| apw       || desktop-o-xorg-stakeholders-request || 1 work item ||
||           || other-kernel-o-ubuntu-delta-review  || 1 work item ||
If your name is in the table above, please review your final Oneiric work items.

We remain at the 3.0.0-12.19 kernel and are queuing misc bug fixes at this time.  These queued fixes are not release critical and will be available in the first Oneiric SRU.  Also, upstream stable v3.0.5 and v3.0.6 were just released.  We are currently in
the process of reviwing and pulling these patches.
Some important upcoming dates are as follows:
  *  Oct  6 - Release Candidate (2 days)
  *  Oct 13 - Final Release (~1 week)
I would also like to note that the P-series git repo has been rebased to v3.1-rc8 and is available at git://kernel.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ubuntu-p.git master-next .

Currently open CVEs for each supported branch:
<<BR>>
|| Package                                  || Open      || No Fix ||
||                                          ||           ||        ||
|| linux Hardy                              ||    7 (+2) ||     5  ||
|| linux Lucid                              ||    4 (+2) ||     2  ||
|| linux Maverick                           ||    5 (+3) ||     2  ||
|| linux Natty                              ||    4 (+2) ||     2  ||
|| linux Oneiric                            ||    3 (+1) ||     2  ||
|| linux-ec2 Lucid                          ||    4 (+2) ||     2  ||
|| linux-fsl-imx51 Lucid                    ||    5 (+3) ||     2  ||
|| linux-mvl-dove Lucid                     ||    4 (+2) ||     2  ||
|| linux-mvl-dove Maverick                  ||    4 (+2) ||     2  ||
|| linux-ti-omap4 Maverick                  ||    5 (+3) ||     2  ||
|| linux-ti-omap4 Natty                     ||    5 (+3) ||     2  ||
|| linux-ti-omap4 Oneiric                   ||    3 (+1) ||     2  ||
|| linux-lts-backport-maverick Lucid        ||    5 (+3) ||     2  ||
|| linux-lts-backport-natty Lucid           ||    4 (+2) ||     2  ||
<<BR>>
Three additional CVEs were added this week, one is fixed and out for review and the other two are being prepared currently.  We continue to have 2 CVEs without fix across the board.

  In general, updates have been less frequent and smaller, due to the kernel.org
  problems. This is pretty much resolved upstream, and I expect that the number of
  patches being applied in stable updates will increase sharply in the next few
  cycles.

  SRU kernel status:
  * [[http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/reports/kernel-sru-workflow.html|Kernel SRU Workflow Status]]
  * [[http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/reports/sru-report.html|Detailed Information Here]]

  Kernel status for each series is as follows:

=== Hardy ===
  * Released

=== Lucid ===
  * [[https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/862556|Lucid Tracking Bug]]
  * In Verification

=== Maverick ===
  * [[https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/854092|Maverick Tracking Bug]]
  * In testing Phase. Undergoing regression testing, needs Certification testing

=== Natty ===
  * [[https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/860832|Natty Tracking Bug]]
  * In Verification

  Current Kernel versions are available here: http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/reports/versions.html