kernel/seccomp.c:55:23: error: 'NR_syscalls' undeclared

Leann Ogasawara leann.ogasawara at canonical.com
Wed Nov 16 18:43:26 UTC 2011

Hi Kees and Will,

I recently rebased the ubuntu-precise git tree to upstream v3.2-rc2.
Unfortunately when doing some test cross-compiles on arm I hit the
following build failure:

kernel/seccomp.c: In function '__secure_computing':
kernel/seccomp.c:55:23: error: 'NR_syscalls' undeclared (first use in this function)
kernel/seccomp.c:55:23: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
make[3]: *** [kernel/seccomp.o] Error 1

This is actually the same build error we were seeing in Oneiric when
trying to enable seccomp on arm [1].  Care to send a patch to fix this
up?  For now I've temporarily disabled the seccomp patches on arm in our
ubuntu-precise git repo.

Thanks,
Leann

[1] https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/kernel-team/2011-August/016749.html