Upstream stable 2.6.35.14 applied to Maverick master-next

Tim Gardner tim.gardner at canonical.com
Wed Nov 30 18:28:46 UTC 2011

On 11/30/2011 11:23 AM, Herton Ronaldo Krzesinski wrote:
> Just dropping a note, I pushed 2.6.35.14 stable updates to Maverick
> master-next, tracking bug at https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/898139
>
> I had to do some fixes, and drop already applied patches etc., I
> described that in the bug's description.

If the patch is already applied then I typically leave it alone and drop
the stable patch (after first checking that both are identical). The
reason for this is that the existing patch has probably already been
tested and has a buglink, or it may have CVE references. If its just a
plain pre-stable patch then it doesn't make much difference.

Tim Gardner tim.gardner at canonical.com