Semantics of kernel ABI-nums

Stefan Bader stefan.bader at canonical.com
Fri Nov 11 09:47:14 UTC 2011

>> linaro-mx51, linaro-omap, and linaro-xexpress? Is there documentation on how

I have to agree with Paolo that I have no idea about a n900 flavour ever done by
us. And the things that get referenced strongly point to linaro.

For the arm topic branches we _have_ been doing, the ABI number usually starts
at a different base. I am not sure I can remember all the reasoning. I think
without that there was some naming clash of some packages. And at least in some
cases the arm kernel of the next release was the same version as the previous
which would not work without the offset. The ABI numbers we know of should be
all documented in [1].

-Stefan

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Kernel/Dev/TopicBranches