3.2-rc1 rebase review

Kees Cook keescook at chromium.org
Wed Nov 9 23:43:52 UTC 2011

On Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 1:46 PM, Tetsuo Handa
<from-ubuntu at i-love.sakura.ne.jp> wrote:
> passing security=yama and passing security=none generates the same result
> because capability hooks are no-op.
>
> I'm suggesting that we can remove
>
>  security_ops->ptrace_access_check == yama_ptrace_access_check
>  security_ops->path_link == yama_path_link
>  security_ops->inode_follow_link == yama_inode_follow_link
>  security_ops->task_prctl == yama_task_prctl
>  security_ops->task_free == yama_task_free
>
> checks by removing
>
>  register_security(&yama_ops)
>  security_module_enable(&yama_ops)
>
> calls.

Okay, I see what you mean now. It's skipping the register_security()
part that hadn't sunk in. :)

Tim, Leann, do you want me to provide a pull request with a revert and
new patch, or just send a patch with the changes?

-Kees

--
Kees Cook
ChromeOS Security