[Natty] SRU: CIFS mount blocks suspend/hibernate

Stefan Bader stefan.bader at canonical.com
Wed Nov 9 16:43:54 UTC 2011

On 09.11.2011 17:11, Chris J Arges wrote:
> SRU Justification:
>
> Impact:
> If a cifs share is mounted in ubuntu-natty and we try to suspend cifsd
> prevents the laptop from suspending.
>
> Fix:
> Apply f06ac72e929115f2772c29727152ba0832d641e4 cherry picked from
> upstream commit (this is already in ubuntu-oneric) to ubuntu-natty linux
> kernel.
> This small patch allows the laptop to suspend even if a cifs share is
> mounted.
>
> Testcase:
> Boot ubuntu-natty. Mount cifs share. Suspend or Hibernate. (This will
> not work.)
> Boot ubuntu-natty with cifs patch applied. Mount cifs share. Suspend or
> Hibernate. (This works.)

The patch looks to be consistent with the upstream patch. However there seemed
to have been a few follow-ups (of which the last one looks a bit worrying):

* [CIFS] Fixup trivial checkpatch warning
* Fix build break when freezer not configured
* PM / Freezer: Reimplement wait_event_freezekillable using
  freezer_do_not_count/freezer_count

Ok, it may not be something to worry as that is about another patch added in the
3.2 time-frame but but so is the initial one...

-Stefan