[pull-request][Precise] Support for additional ALPS touchpads

Seth Forshee seth.forshee at canonical.com
Tue Nov 8 22:45:23 UTC 2011

Dmitry Torokhov has merged my ALPS touchpad patches into the input
subsystem linux-next branch, so barring any catastrophic discoveries
they ought to be in their final upstream form. The patches that Dmitry
merged apply cleanly to 3.2-rc1, and now that precise master-next has
been rebased I think it's a good time to pick them up and drop the
IMPS/2 sauce patches we've been carrying. I've included reverts for the
IMPS/2 patches in the pull request.

The following changes since commit c071ab780fe4bdf6fffcd3f8f73aadddd9c831c5:

  UBUNTU: [Config] exclude ppp-modules for virtual flavour (2011-11-08 13:38:50 -0700)

are available in the git repository at:
  git://kernel.ubuntu.com/sforshee/ubuntu-precise.git alps

Seth Forshee (9):
      Revert "UBUNTU: SAUCE: Unregister input device only if it is registered"
      Revert "UBUNTU: SAUCE: (no-up) Input: ALPS - Enable Intellimouse mode for Lenovo Zhaoyang E47"
      Revert "UBUNTU: SAUCE: (no-up) Add support for Intellimouse Mode in ALPS touchpad on Dell E2 series Laptops"
      UBUNTU: SAUCE: (drop after 3.2) Input: ALPS - move protocol information to Documentation
      UBUNTU: SAUCE: (drop after 3.2) Input: ALPS - add protocol version field in alps_model_info
      UBUNTU: SAUCE: (drop after 3.2) Input: ALPS - remove assumptions about packet size
      UBUNTU: SAUCE: (drop after 3.2) Input: ALPS - add support for protocol versions 3 and 4
      UBUNTU: SAUCE: (drop after 3.2) Input: ALPS - add semi-MT support for v3 protocol
      UBUNTU: SAUCE: (drop after 3.2) Input: ALPS - add documentation for protocol versions 3 and 4

 Documentation/input/alps.txt       |  188 ++++++
 drivers/input/mouse/alps.c         | 1158 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-------
 drivers/input/mouse/alps.h         |   23 +-
 drivers/input/mouse/psmouse-base.c |    3 +-
 drivers/input/mouse/psmouse.h      |    1 +
 create mode 100644 Documentation/input/alps.txt