Some queries regarding kernel in ubuntu

John Johansen john.johansen at canonical.com
Sat May 7 04:47:16 UTC 2011

On 05/06/2011 08:28 PM, Pete Graner wrote:
> On 05/05/2011 01:45 PM, Sagar Sawant wrote:
>> Hello Pete
>>
>> I wanted to know if the UBUNTU 11.04 kernel supports AMD FUSION APU?

yes, though 2.6.38 is the first kernel to support fusion so there are
some known bugs.  That said it runs well and even better with ati flgrx
driver.

>> Are all drivers for the same in place?

I am not sure I understand what you are asking, but I am going to say
no.  There are the open source radeon drivers that are in kernel tree,
and then there is the proprietary ati flgrx driver which ubuntu gives
you the option install after the fact.

>> Is there support for the new VIA NANO X2 dual core CPU?

Not that I am aware of but I haven't followed to closely, but last I saw
support for these didn't look good as VIA is not putting any resources
into linux drivers