eeepc-wmi backport in Natty ?

Seth Forshee seth.forshee at canonical.com
Tue Mar 22 19:18:50 UTC 2011

Tim,

On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 04:01:37PM +0000, Corentin Chary wrote:
> > So, I see a pile of commits to drivers/platform/x86/eeepc-wmi.c in
> > linux-next. Are any of these gonna make it into the 2.6.39 merge window? If
> > so, perhaps you could send a list of the commits you'd like to see added to
> > Natty once they are merged in Linus' tree.
>
> Hi,
> They should all make it into the 2.6.39 merge window, but  "when"
> depends on Matthew Garett's pull request.
> Those I want to include to natty are all commits up to
> d2cb95cdd419ead71f6d00eed90c924920d5053e "eeepc-wmi: reorder device
> ids".
> After that, there are a lot of changes that you probably don't want,
> the module needs linux/input.h changes, and then there si the big
> asus-wmi split...

I had cherry-picked these changesets on top of the natty kernel a couple
of weeks ago to test on a machine I've been working with. I went ahead
and rebased on top of the latest master and pushed it out to:

  git://kernel.ubuntu.com/sforshee/ubuntu-natty.git eeepc-wmi-backports

If you plan to incorporate those changes then you should just be able to
pull them in from there.