eeepc-wmi backport in Natty ?

Corentin Chary corentin.chary at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 10:57:13 UTC 2011

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 5:38 PM, Tim Gardner <tim.gardner at canonical.com> wrote:
> On 02/14/2011 08:32 AM, Corentin Chary wrote:
>>>
>>> I would definitely consider pulling them into Natty once they've
>>> landed in Linus' tree. There should be time before kernel freeze
>>> (though it might be close). Please remember to submit a pull
>>> request at the appropriate time.
>>
>> They won't hit Linus' tree before the 2.6.39 merge window, since
>> 2.6.38 merge window is already closed. But there are already in
>> Matthew's tree
>>
>> (http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/mjg59/platform-drivers-x86.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/linux-next).
>>

> Anyway, I'll submit a pull request as soon as possible.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>

> Understood. Please be sure as part of your backport to Natty that you use
> 'git cherry-pick -x' so that the original upstream commit is preserved.

Hum it seems that you already started to pickup some patchs that are
not yet in Linus tree:
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/kernel-team/2011-March/014810.html

These commits fix small keymaps issues, but you should really take all
the patchs from:
"eeepc-wmi: add hotplug code for Eeepc 1000H" to "eeepc-wmi: reorder device ids"

Because they fix critical bugs for 1000H are greatly stabilize the whole code.

Thanks,

--
Corentin Chary
http://xf.iksaif.net