"PPA for Ubuntu Kernel PPA"

Andy Whitcroft apw at canonical.com
Mon Jun 20 17:58:36 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 06:58:24PM +0200, Jan Henke wrote:
> Dear Sir or Madam,
>
> you are maintaining the above mentioned PPA for Ubuntu. I appreciate
> your work to provide a more regular than the twice a year update to the
> Linux kernel for Ubuntu users. Unfortunately the PPA has not been
> updated since the rc5 release of kernel 2.6.39. Therefore I kindly
> request you to update that PPA more regularly with the changes from
> kernel.org.

Those kernels are not really intended for direct consumption, they are
early previews of what will become either the next LTS Backports kernel
for Lucid or for the next development release kernel before the release
has opened.  The Natty kernel is now officially backported into Lucid and
should be available under the linux-lts-backport-natty, and the latest
development kernel is uploaded to Oneiric and available there.

-apw