[CVE-Review] Please review proposed patches for CVE-2010-3698

Stefan Bader stefan.bader at canonical.com
Fri Jan 21 20:09:27 UTC 2011

Since we are trying to get to a one CVE per week personal tackling mode,
I went ahead and had a go for one. Below is a little bzr cheat-sheet for
handling the tracker part (there is a readme in the tracker that explains
the fields a bit).

For CVE-2010-3698:
Dapper:		not-affected
Hardy:		pending		(Slightly more scary as I had to backport a
				 savesegment function from upstream to handle
				 the amd64 case. It compiles but should be
				 verified by testing.)
Karmic:		pending
Lucid:		released	(Came from upstream stable, err longterm.)
Maverick:	pending		(Needed a bit of tweak as a later reorder
				 patch is in here that touches same code.)
Natty:		released

-Stefan

--- bzr cheatsheet ---

The selection page:
http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-security/cve/pkg/linux.html

STEAM='lp:~ubuntu-security/ubuntu-cve-tracker/master
KTEAM='lp:~canonical-kernel-team/ubuntu-cve-tracker/kernel-team'

To create the branch:
* bzr branch $KTEAM

In tracker branch (this syncing should probably be scripted):
* bzr pull $KTEAM
* bzr commit -m "Saving local changes"
* bzr push $KTEAM
* bzr missing -q --theirs-only --line $STEAM | tee ../msg
  If ../msg is not empty
  * bzr merge $STEAM
  * bzr commit -m "$(cat ../msg)"
  * bzr push $KTEAM

After changing the anything in an active/CVE-* file
!! WARNING: bzr includes *all* files changed in the branch dir to the commit
* bzr commit -m "<this is my message to the world>"
* bzr push $KTEAM

Useful for cleaning up previous commit (commit undone, changes not)
* bzr uncommit