Sound problem

Andy Whitcroft apw at canonical.com
Wed Jan 5 13:51:55 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jan 04, 2011 at 06:23:42PM +0200, Alex Arnautu wrote:

> I'm having problems with sound. I tested 2.6.35-24 generic and
> 2.6.37-rc8. The problem is that on stable version, I can talk with my
> friends on GMail or Skype but I can't record sounds with "Sound
> Recorder". On the testing version I can't even talk on GMail or Skype
> with my microphone. I atached the dmesg files for 2.6.37-rc8 and
> 2.6.35-24 generic.

If the mic is working in some applications this is much more likely a
userspace issue than anything else.  I would recommend filing a bug
against 'alsa-driver' for Ubuntu at least as this will get us all of the
logs and configurations we need to investigate; you can use 'ubuntu-bug
alsa-driver' to file this.

-apw