Ubuntu 2.6.38-rc3 based OMAP4 kernel

Tim Gardner tim.gardner at canonical.com
Wed Feb 9 13:46:36 UTC 2011

On 02/07/2011 08:58 PM, Bryan Wu wrote:
> On Tuesday, February 8, 2011, Tim Gardner<tim.gardner at canonical.com>  wrote:
>> On 02/07/2011 12:18 PM, Dechesne, Nicolas wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 8:01 PM, Tim Gardner<tim.gardner at canonical.com>wrote:
>>

>> Do you think this will suffice?
>>

>> that is fine with me. i think we cover all the use case we need for now.
>>

>> Uploaded linux-ti-omap4_2.6.38-1200.1 to https://launchpad.net/~canonical-kernel-team/+archive/ppa based on Natty master using Sebastien's config (plus a couple of tweaks).
>>
>> git://kernel.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ubuntu-natty.git ti-omap4-dev
>>

> Thanks guys, is that possible merge omap and omap4 together in Natty
> 38 kernel? The default config of mainline supports a single binary
> kernel for both omap3 and omap4.
>
> -Bryan

I chose to continue to carry ti-omap4 as a separate branch in order to
divorce bug fixes, features additions, and upload schedule from the
master branch.

Note that there is now a development version of ti-omap4 in the c-k-t PPA:

https://launchpad.net/~canonical-kernel-team/+archive/ppa/+files/linux-ti-omap4-tools-2.6.38-1200_2.6.38-1200.1_armel.deb

Tim Gardner tim.gardner at canonical.com