Building testing kernels

Herton Ronaldo Krzesinski herton.krzesinski at canonical.com
Fri Feb 4 18:51:17 UTC 2011

Em Sex, 2011-02-04 às 19:41 +0100, Stefan Bader escreveu:
> On 02/04/2011 02:42 PM, Tim Gardner wrote:
> >
> > This truly a stale script. We've been using the abstracted debian directories
> > for a good while now. Your changes look fine.
> >
> > Stefan - you wrote this, what do you think?
> >
> > rtg
>
> Sadly it is _very_ stale. I wrote them quite early when I started and have not
> used them for ages now. I would probably rather remove them.
>
> In the beginning I thought it to be a good idea to use ppas. But for test
> kernels it is rather bad as there only ever is one current version. For test
> kernels it turned out to be better to just build generic packages for amd64 and
> i386 and put those into a directory on people.canonical.com.

I noticed that most of time I think users will have to install with dpkg
anyway the .deb packages, as new kernel versions appear or you dont
upload a meta package to auto update, so indeed a personal directory
should do almost the same.

> That way there can be individiual packages per bug.

Can't you create more than one ppa, to have a per bug set?

--
[]'s
Herton