[Oneiric][pull request] SECCOMP syscall filtering

Andy Whitcroft apw at canonical.com
Mon Aug 8 17:29:17 UTC 2011

On Wed, Aug 03, 2011 at 11:53:27PM -0700, Kees Cook wrote:
> The following changes since commit 12bf0a5416335a051be56978f8f87a2eaec143b2:
>
>   UBUNTU: Ubuntu-3.0.0-7.9 (2011-07-29 08:51:10 -0700)
>
> are available in the git repository at:
>   git://kernel.ubuntu.com/kees/ubuntu-oneiric.git master
>
> Kees Cook (1):
>       UBUNTU: [Config] enable SECCOMP_FILTER for x86 and arm
>
> Will Drewry (5):
>       UBUNTU: SAUCE: CHROMIUM: seccomp_filter: new mode with configurable syscall filters
>       UBUNTU: SAUCE: CHROMIUM: seccomp_filter: add process state reporting
>       UBUNTU: SAUCE: CHROMIUM: seccomp_filter: Document what seccomp_filter is and how it works.
>       UBUNTU: SAUCE: CHROMIUM: x86: add HAVE_SECCOMP_FILTER and seccomp_execve
>       UBUNTU: SAUCE: CHROMIUM: arm: select HAVE_SECCOMP_FILTER

This branch looks ok in principle.  The effect is only enabled for
processes for which specific enabling action is taken.  The cost for
a non-enabled case is unchanged, leveraging the same check used for the
SECCOMP mode 1.  The patches do make some pretty large controls structures
for processes for which they are enabled.

Overall my biggest concern is that these are pretty large, and we do not
yet know if they are going to make it upstream as they are (I believe).

-apw