Natty Final Upload
tim.gardner at canonical.com
Mon Apr 18 13:23:57 UTC 2011
On 04/17/2011 01:00 PM, Andy Whitcroft wrote:
> During fridays release meeting report, I raised the possibility of a
> final kernel upload on Monday. This primarily based on a pending KVM fix,
> without which installation under KVM cannot be localised.
> I have reviewed all of the pending fixes on master-next (which includes
> 220.127.116.11 stable update). There are a number of possible information
> leaks, but none which seem especially serious and could not wait for the
> first SRU kernel. There are a few which are known to fix issues being
> reported currently:
> 1) UBUNTU: SAUCE: kvm: fix push of wrong eip when doing softint,
> 2) rt2x00: Fix radio off hang issue for PCIE interface, and
> 3) Bluetooth: Fix HCI_RESET command synchonization.
> The first of these is the KVM fix mentioned above, however having
> reviewed the KVM fix it seems that this only affects the host side and
> thus should only exhibit when the host is upgraded, this allows us to
> SRU this fix safely.
> The second of these is a shutdown crash which while unfortunate should
> allow us to update the kernel as wireless functions normally until
> shutdown. This should be SRUable.
> The final one does does potentially affect a large number of bluetooth
> devices including keyboards and mice. However it is not being widely
> reported and it is rare for the bluetooth keyboard to be your only
> input device. It seems likely we can handle this one via SRU also.
> Based on this unless there is any futher specific fixes which really are
> kitten killers, it does not seem necessary to upload again before release.
> Though we likely should prepare for an early SRU upload.
works for me
Tim Gardner tim.gardner at canonical.com
More information about the kernel-team