[Natty] [ti-omap4] [Pull Request]: 2.6.38.2 based updates

Dechesne, Nicolas n-dechesne at ti.com
Wed Apr 13 23:53:19 UTC 2011

On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 1:33 AM, Bryan Wu <bryan.wu at canonical.com> wrote:

> in ti-omap4 tree, I just wanna get all the patches on top of a commit
> which is 2.6.38 kernel release. So I found that SHA ID of that commit
> and use "git format-patch -o /tmp/ SHA_ID.." to get patches. Very
> strange, I got lots of patches which are not on top of that commit.
>
> So Brad told me to do "git format-patch -1633 -o /tmp" to get 1633
> patches on top of that 2.6.38 release commit.

you might get confused by the definition of 'on top'. 'on top' as being a
child, or 'on top' as being more recent.

git log A.. will list all commits who are not an ancestor of A, which are
reachable in your branch. but some of these commits can be older than A, and
still aren't ancestor of A.

to me git format-patch A.. if run from your branch, will list all the
commits which are in our OMAP4 branch but not in ubuntu master.