[Natty] [ti-omap4] [Pull Request]: 2.6.38.2 based updates

Tim Gardner tim.gardner at canonical.com
Wed Apr 13 20:01:34 UTC 2011

On 04/13/2011 09:47 AM, Bryan Wu wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 8:32 AM, Tim Gardner<tim.gardner at canonical.com>  wrote:
>> On 04/13/2011 07:51 AM, Bryan Wu wrote:
>>>
>>> git://kernel.ubuntu.com/roc/ubuntu-natty.git ti-omap4
>>
>> I presume that you're done rebasing against anything other then Natty
>> master? So, it needs to be able to do that cleanly and without conflict. I
>> just tried your branch against Ubuntu-2.6.38-8.42 and it failed.
>>

> Because the Linaro kernel is kind of merging 2.6.38.2 patches instead
> of rebasing, I also got rebasing issue before. Currently, in my tree:
>
> Linaro 2.6.38.2 from npitre (base) + Patches from Sebjan and Andy
> Green + Our Ubuntu Delta patches (same from master) + ti-omap4 branch
> specific patches.
>
> So I just added patches from 2.6.38-8.41 and -8.42 on top of our
> Ubuntu Delta patches, then rebase ti-omap4 branch patches on it again.
>
> Please find the branch here:
> http://kernel.ubuntu.com/git?p=roc/ubuntu-natty.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/ti-omap4-dev
>
> Thanks,
> -Bryan

I think for this final pass you must choose Natty master as the base,
then rebase everything else on top. I'm assuming the only conflicts
should be stable commits from npitre's tree (which you can skip) because
Natty master is already up to 2.6.38.2.

My goal is to be able to 'git rebase master' from the ti-omap4 branch
without conflicts.

Tim Gardner tim.gardner at canonical.com