Oneiric git repo

Leann Ogasawara leann.ogasawara at canonical.com
Wed Apr 6 20:49:00 UTC 2011

Hi All,

I just wanted to announce the Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric kernel git repo is
now available [1].  It's currently based on the recent upstream
v2.6.39-rc2 release [2].  At this point in time, this is purely a
development kernel and will be completely unsupported until we
officially release Natty and the Oneiric development cycle begins.
Additionally, the Oneiric kernel package will not be uploaded until
Oneiric support is set up in the archive, eg. you're on your own for
building a kernel.  The ABI will also not be bumped until we begin our
official uploads.  That being said, for those of you who like to run on
the bleeding edge, have fun.

Thanks,
Leann

[1] git://kernel.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ubuntu-oneiric.git
[2] git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git