UBUNTU: (pre-stable) Natty: Quirk for Lenovo X220-tablet

David Henningsson david.henningsson at canonical.com
Tue Apr 5 19:18:36 UTC 2011

On 2011-04-05 21:08, Tim Gardner wrote:
> On 04/05/2011 12:52 PM, David Henningsson wrote:
>> I'm not sure this quirk will reach Natty if it goes the ordinary path,
>> so let's pre-stable it. I think 840126579da56edae8ecc4a0d85198f742982f10
>> is already in, right? Otherwise that one should also be picked, and
>> before the attached one.
>
> Is there a reason it might not be acceptable for stable?

No, this is just a matter of speed, and making sure the patch is in
before Natty kernel freeze. That's what I meant with "reach Natty",
sorry if that was unclear.

> I've applied 840126579da56edae8ecc4a0d85198f742982f10 to Natty, but the
> second patch is not yet in Linus' tree. Please bug me when it gets merged.

The question is, will it be before we freeze Natty's kernel?

> In the future it would be nice if you specified to which stable kernels
> you would like your patch applied. We have 3 right now.

That's why the subject line says "Natty". For the other ones, it can
take the slow path through upstream stable.

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
http://launchpad.net/~diwic