Retirement of fsl-imx51 in Karmic

Stefan Bader stefan.bader at canonical.com
Mon Sep 20 17:02:30 UTC 2010

I hope I got the relevant people included... I am writing this in preparation to
remove the fsl-imx51 topic branch from the actively supported topic branches in
Karmic.

Why? This branch has seriously fallen into unmaintained already. When asking
around we usually have no hardware to test and I am being told that there are no
projects which use this.
Additionally we had this bricking issue with 3.0 babbage boards (or was that
2.5?) which only was fixed in Lucid code. So we either need to replace the
Karmic code with the Lucid patches or should drop it. And I don't see much use
in doing that work if nobody really cares.

So if anybody *does* care, speak now.

-Stefan