Final Maverick i830, i845g, i855 support

Steven stenten at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 03:41:56 UTC 2010

I'm happy to report that I'm running my i855 with KMS+fbdev, and the i8xx
nightmare is over. Boot up is nice, splash is displayed correctly, the
desktop resolution is correct, etc. Flash videos from youtube work including
fullscreen, as does XVideo, including fullscreen. Very well done!

I've noticed a *very* slight performance reduction, which I'm still looking
into. The fbdev driver really hates Pandora though; every time I start
playing music I notice I can no longer left-click.

So, is there a place for these fbdev bug reports? -intel doesn't seem right
anymore since we're no longer using that driver. Are we even supporting the
fbdev driver?

Again, thanks everyone for your hard work. It looks like there's a very good
solution for the Maverick cycle!

-Stenten