Null pointer dereference fix for IR code

Brian Rogers brian at xyzw.org
Thu Sep 16 00:57:40 UTC 2010

  Please take a look at this bug report:

The commit 'UBUNTU: SAUCE: Update ir-core to linuxtv/other which should
be merged for 2.6.36' has introduced a regression from 2.6.36-rc1 into
Maverick's kernel. The effects of the bug are that LIRC crashes, the
kernel produces a NULL pointer dereference oops message, and the remote
for my tuner doesn't work.

I produced a patch to fix this and sent it upstream for inclusion in
2.6.36, see here:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel.input/13386/focus=15312

Can I get this patch into Maverick before the kernel freeze?

Brian