[APPLIED] Re: Please cherry-pick patch mentioned in LP #414795

Leann Ogasawara leann.ogasawara at canonical.com
Fri Sep 10 03:40:48 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-09-09 at 13:27 +0200, أحمد المحمودي wrote:
> Hello,
>
>   Daniel T Chen mentioned on LP #414795 [1] that the patch at:
>
>   http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound-2.6.git;a=commitdiff;h=1b0e372d7b52c9fc96348779015a6db7df7f286e
>
>   would fix the wierd beep sound that I have reported since the Karmic
>   cycle. The patch is attached with this email. Please consider applying
>   that patch in Maverick (& maybe Lucid?).

I've cherry-picked (1b0e372d) and applied this to Maverick linux master.
Ahmed, as mentioned by others, care to also forward this along to
upstream stable as well?  For information on submitting patches to
upstream stable, refer to:

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=blob_plain;f=Documentation/stable_kernel_rules.txt;hb=HEAD

Thanks,
Leann