Broadcom

Tim Gardner tim.gardner at canonical.com
Thu Sep 9 22:34:18 UTC 2010

On 09/09/2010 03:17 PM, Evan Dandrea wrote:
> Thanks for the quick response Tim, and thanks for keeping me posted.
>
> Cheers

Just had a quick discussion with the Broadcom dudes. There is some
overlap with PCI device IDs. However, the newer driver is going to be
packaged in LBM, and as such won't conflict with Jockey since LBM is an
elective install. I'll likely have to add some Conflicts/Replaces
statements to the LBM compat-wireless package so that folks are aware
they are making a choice to replace the bcm DKMS driver.

Tim Gardner tim.gardner at canonical.com