concerning bug #427925 regarding SCSI host link power management

Alexander van Loon a.vanloon at alexandervanloon.nl
Sun Sep 5 13:23:01 UTC 2010

Hello Ubuntu kernel developers,

Could you please take a look at this –
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/427925 – bug?

This bug is just six days short of being one year old. Unfortunately it
is still present in the Maverick beta according to readings I made with
PowerTOP. It’s marked medium importance, yet triaging it was all that
has been done with it.

In fact I’m so desperate and frustrated with the fact that (K)Ubuntu is
doing such a bad job at power management compared to Windows for over a
year now, without any improvement in sight, that I’m even considering to
offer a financial reward to whoever can fix this. Would that help to get
it fixed soon?

Greetings,
Alexander van Loon