LIRC 0.8.7 Fixes for Maverick
leann.ogasawara at canonical.com
Thu Oct 14 22:01:23 UTC 2010
On Mon, 2010-10-11 at 17:09 -0500, Mario Limonciello wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 16:05, Jarod Wilson <jarod at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 09:00:29AM -0700, Leann Ogasawara
> > On Mon, 2010-08-23 at 09:22 -0600, Tim Gardner wrote:
> > > On 08/23/2010 08:31 AM, Mario Limonciello wrote:
> > > > Adding Jarod Wilson.
> > > >>> Jarod Wilson (4):
> > > >>> UBUNTU: SAUCE: Bring in staging/lirc from 2.6.36
> > > >>> UBUNTU: SAUCE: Update ir-core to linuxtv/other which
> should be merged
> > > >>> for 2.6.36.
> > > >>> UBUNTU: SAUCE: Fix memleaks in imon and mceusb drivers
> > > >>> UBUNTU: SAUCE: Bring in streamzap support from
> So... There's a fair amount of additional ir-core stuff I'd
> bringing in at some point. I've already pointed Mario at this,
> and been
> discussing them with him and other mythbuntu devs on irc.
> I believe the above four already committed commits map to:
> I've since tacked on a few more patches in the Fedora 14
> Most of these are in the linuxtv media_tree/staging/v2.6.37
> branch, but a
> few are still pending merge by Mauro. I've included commit IDs
> and log
> messages for the relevant commits in the patches themselves.
> Highlights of these updates include:
> - proper auto-config of another imon 0xffdc device
> - imon key release fixups (was possible for keys to get stuck
> - lirc_ene0100 replaced with ene_ir (ported to ir-core)
> - new nuvoton (ASRock ION 330HT) ir driver
> - lirc compat ioctl fixups so 64-bit kernel, 32-bit userspace
> Please consider merging these patches as well.
> Thanks much,
> Jarod Wilson
> jarod at redhat.com
> There are some bugs starting to crop up from all the upgraders that
> didn't test during development mainly with i2c and imon remotes. it
> would be good to try to help some of them. If you think they're not
> good candidates for SRU's, would you be open to an LBM for ir-core?
After having examined these patches, I'd lean towards these being
applied to linux-backports-modules (LBM) rather than directly to the
Maverick master branch. Reason being is that the 3 additional patches
Jarod has referenced is actually a bundle of 30 separate commits which
doesn't exactly comply with our SRU (stable release udpate) policy .
LBM is a bit more lenient with regards to SRU and is an elective install
from a user perspective. I'll take a look at getting these bundled for
With regards to the 4th patch:
Now this patch I could see qualifying for SRU. And if it were to land
in an upstream 2.6.35.y stable release, we'd get it automatically. Just
curious if there are any plans to submit this patch to -stable?
More information about the kernel-team