linux-lts-backport-maverick

Tim Gardner tim.gardner at canonical.com
Sun Oct 10 11:22:29 UTC 2010

On 10/08/2010 06:59 PM, Ted To wrote:
> This metapackage currently requires the installation of the pae kernel
> image.  Is this its intended behavior?  Shouldn't there be a
> linux-pae-lts-backport-maverick metapackage instead?
>
> Thanks,
> Ted To

Traditionally there has been a 'generic' kernel meta package that
implies the correct default kernel for the particular architecture. In
some cases there are 2 layers of indirection, which I think is a bit
excessive. I'm in the middle of finalizing the meta package names for
the LTS backport packages and am considering making them all obvious and
with only one level of indirection. I'll be announcing this stuff later
in the week.

Tim Gardner tim.gardner at canonical.com