New firewire stack not working reliably for TI TSB82AA2 PCIE adapter

Eric Shattow "Eprecocious" lucent at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 21:38:49 UTC 2010

Bug report is https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/657081

I have tried booting with old firewire stack on 2.6.35-22-generic and
it is working without errors. However it is working slowly.

sudo dd if=/dev/zero bs=4k of=/dev/sdb count=16k
16384+0 records in
16384+0 records out
67108864 bytes (67 MB) copied, 35.1751 s, 1.9 MB/s

If I boot the LiveCD environment I'm getting 22MB/s consistently on
that same connection.