[ACTIVITY] Sept 27th to Oct 4th (mpoirier)

Jan, Sebastien s-jan at ti.com
Thu Oct 7 18:03:07 UTC 2010

Hi Mathieu,

On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 6:12 PM, Mathieu Poirier
<mathieu.poirier at canonical.com> wrote:

> - Investigated MAC address changing on every boot on panda.  Getting MAC
> address from u-boot variable may not be worth the effort since the board
> has no NAND flash.

You may already be aware of this, but just in case:
The pandaboard does not have eeprom for storing a MAC address, so a
different random address is attributed on each boot. I submitted the
following kernel patch to be able to force a MAC address thanks to a
kernel command line:
http://kernel.ubuntu.com/git?p=ubuntu/ubuntu-maverick.git;a=commit;h=10f38b455e75b85f72e98786e5518cf7b0324634

macaddr=01:23:45:67:89:AB should do the trick