[Maverick SRU] drm/i915: Avoid pageflipping freeze when we miss the flip prepare interrupt

Stefan Bader stefan.bader at canonical.com
Thu Nov 25 10:04:31 UTC 2010

On 11/25/2010 01:21 AM, Brad Figg wrote:
> On 11/24/2010 01:44 PM, Tim Gardner wrote:

>>> I was sort of expecting someone else to also Ack this.
>>>
>>> Brad
>>
>> I didn't write the patch. Isn't my Ack enough? Besides, its already been vetted by 2 other upstream developers.
>>
>> rtg
>
> Maybe it is my misunderstanding of our process. I have observed in the past
> that it appeared the submitter, even of an upstream cherry-pick didn't count
> as an ack. Now, not all submitters have been senior kdevs.
>
> It makes sense that since the commit came from upstream with those Acks/Sobs
> and your own, that should be enough.
>
> Brad

You could freely change it by now. I used to exclude the submitter of an
upstream patch from the acks normally. The reasoning to me was that when I
submit patches, I am usually biased and not very critical in the review.

But that may just been my personal reading of the two ack rule. And whatever you
decide, then chisel the result into wiki-stone.

-Stefan